It’s impressive to learn about the Disaster Risk Reduction Program’s efforts to provide shelters to 450 beneficiaries across the districts of Pottuvil, Thirukovil, Karaitivu, Sammanthurai, Kalmunai, and Navithanveli. Here’s a summary of the key details:
- Program Scope:
- The Disaster Risk Reduction Program targeted six districts: Pottuvil, Thirukovil, Karaitivu, Sammanthurai, Kalmunai, and Navithanveli.
- Number of Shelters Provided:
- A total of 450 shelters were provided to beneficiaries within these districts.
- Budget Allocation:
- The program had a budget of Rs.152,000.00 for the implementation of the shelter provision initiative.
- The selected beneficiaries likely include individuals or families who were identified as particularly vulnerable to the impact of disasters in the specified districts.
The provision of shelters is a crucial aspect of disaster risk reduction, ensuring that communities have a safe and resilient infrastructure in place to protect them during times of emergencies. The initiative not only addresses immediate needs but also contributes to the overall resilience and preparedness of the communities against potential disasters.
The Disaster Risk Reduction Program’s focus on shelter provision reflects a commitment to the well-being and safety of the residents in these districts, and it contributes significantly to community development and disaster resilience.